Zionism and Judaism go hand in hand.
The modern state of Israel is a fulfillment of the ancient aspirations of the Jewish people. The renewed presence of Jews in the Holy Land was foretold in prophecy. We deeply believe in our purpose here and we live those beliefs every day.
There exist many factions and labels for groups who exist in the Holy Land and hold to religious convictions. We avoid division and try to concentrate on bringing these groups together in positive ways. We choose to focus on common ground in social, economic and security aspects.
Lone Soldier Programs
A Lone Solider is an IDF solider who has no family in the state of Israel. This situation is relatively common and can often spell loneliness and despair for the solider. OSA helps to ameliorate these problems by offering gift baskets of home cooked food, accommodations, hospital visitation and other personalized services. We also offer guidance on singing up for IDF service.
Rav Abraham Isaac Kook, the first Chief Rabbi of Israel(pre-state) is one of the primarily sources of spiritual inspiration for our group. Rav Kook confirmed, in his words and his actions, that Torah Judaism and Zionism are in essence indistinguishable.
- WHAT IS A COMMUNITY?After two+ years of a pandamic and living in a world where virtual reality and social media dominate, we have lost touch with what real community is.
- Yom Hashoah V’haGevuraWe know what Yom Hashoah is, but what is yom hashoah “Vehagevura”? In this article you will learn about Gevura – Jewish bravery.
- Israel Our TreasureI have great pity, not anger, on those of our generation that have been blinded from seeing the Divine fulfilment and blessing of the State of Israel.
- Joy and Tragedy mixed together at Shaare Zedek HospitalToday we mark 14 years since the Mercaz HaRav Massacre. Something else happened that same day – the story.
- Tu BiShvat During the Coronavirus Crisis, an interview with Rebbitzen Batya MillerToday we spoke with Rebbitzen Batya Miller on the subject of Tu BiShvat, the Jewish New Year of Trees.